Views:0 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-10-20 Origin:Site
Mold Manufacturing Processes
1. Mold blank material preparation. Most of the blanks material are metal. Taking forging processing as an example, the raw materials for forging are generally bars, plates and pipes. The operator mainly selects to make according to the specific shape and geometric size of the blank. For thin plate blanks, ordinary blanking or precision blanking can be used. If you need to forge ring parts, you can also cut blanks with pipes.
2. Rough machining of parts. For rough machining of parts, we take milling as an example. As long as the outer contour and islands of the part are given, the machining track can be generated. And it can automatically add arcs at the sharp corners of the track to ensure a smooth track to meet the requirements of high-speed machining. It is mainly used for plane milling and slot milling. Multiple contours and multiple islands can be selected for processing.
3. Semi-finishing processing. The semi-finishing stage is to complete the processing of the secondary surface and prepare for the finishing of the main surface.
4. Heat treatment. Heat treatment is a comprehensive process in which materials are heated, kept warm, and cooled in a certain medium, and their performance is controlled by changing the surface or internal structure of the material. The heat treatment process generally includes three processes of heating, heat preservation, and cooling, and sometimes there are only two processes of heating and cooling. These processes are connected and uninterrupted.
5. Finishing processing. Finishing processing has a smaller machining allowance than roughing. Choose good tools for cutting, control the speed and speed of the tool, and pay attention to the size and gloss of the material.
6. Cavity surface treatment. Different surface treatment methods of the mold can change the chemical composition, organization and performance of the surface of the mold, and greatly improve and enhance the surface performance of the mold. Such as hardness, wear resistance, friction performance, mold release performance, heat insulation performance, high temperature resistance and corrosion resistance. This step is of great significance for improving mold quality, greatly reducing production costs, improving production efficiency and giving full play to the potential of mold materials.
7. Mould assembly. In accordance with certain prescribed technical requirements, the process of combining parts into components and combining them into parts and even the entire machine. There are two types of assembly, one is fixed assembly and the other is mobile assembly. Different assembly methods are used for different batches of production. In the assembly process, some mold parts need to be polished and trimmed. The main content of mold assembly is to assemble the processed mold parts and standard parts into a complete mold according to the requirements of the mold assembly drawing. After the mold test, some parts need to be adjusted and trimmed, so that the parts produced by the mold meet the requirements of the drawing, and the mold can work continuously before the mold processing is completed.