Views: 13 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-11-04 Origin: Site
Carbide insert is a tool made of cemented carbide. Cemented carbide is a kind of alloy material made of hard compound of refractory metal and binding metal through powder metallurgy process.
What are carbide inserts
Welding method of tungsten carbide inserts
Cautions for the use of cemented carbide inserts
The industrial application of cemented carbide inserts to metal cutting began in the 1930s. Since then, cemented carbide has evolved into the most common tool material to date. Tools with relatively small dimensions are often made of solid carbide; non-solid carbide tools only use cemented carbide in the cutting area.
1. The structure of the welding tool should have sufficient rigidity to ensure the maximum allowable boundary size and the grade and heat treatment of high-strength steel.
2. The carbide cutting tool should be fixed firmly. The welding insert of the cemented carbide cutting tool should be fixed firmly, and the groove and welding quality are guaranteed. Therefore, the groove shape of the insert should be selected according to the shape of the insert and the geometric parameters of the tool.
3. Check the toolbar carefully. Before welding the tungsten carbide insert to the shank, it is necessary to check the insert and the shank. First, check whether the supporting surface of the insert is severely bent. There should be no serious carburized layer on the welding surface of cemented carbide tools. At the same time, the dirt on the surface of the cemented carbide insert and the tooth slot of the tool bar should be removed to ensure the reliability of welding.
4. Reasonable choice of solder. In order to ensure the welding strength, suitable solder should be selected. During the welding process, good wettability and fluidity should be ensured, and air bubbles should be removed, so that the welding and the alloy welding surface are in full contact, and there is no shortage of welding.
5. Correct choice of flux. It is recommended to use industrial borax. Before use, it should be dehydrated in a dry box, then crushed, and sifted to remove mechanical debris, ready for use.
6. Correct use of grinding methods. Cemented carbide cutting tools are brittle and highly sensitive to the formation of cracks. Overheating or quenching should be avoided during the sharpening process. At the same time, choose a suitable grinding wheel size and reasonable grinding process to avoid grinding cracks and affect the service life of the tool;
7. Install the tools correctly. When installing tungsten carbide insert, the length of the tool head extending from the tool holder should be as small as possible, otherwise it will easily cause tool vibration and damage the alloy parts;
8. The right grinding and grinding tools. When the tool is used to achieve normal dullness, it must be reground. After the cemented carbide insert is re-grinded, oilstone must be ground at the cutting edge and tip to improve the service life and safety and reliability of the tool.
1. Listen to the sound check: insert when installation, please carefully check with right index finger on the insert and the insert impending, then with wooden hammer tapping insert, give ear to contend listen to the sound of the insert, if muddy sound insert, prove the existence of insert is often affected by outside force collision damage crack, damage, the insert should be immediately banned.
2. Installation of tungsten carbide insert: Before the insert installation, please carefully clean the dust, chips and other sundry on the mounting surface of the rotary bearing of the cutting machine in advance to keep the bearing mounting surface and the cutting machine clean.
3. Place the insert carefully and smoothly on the mounting surface of the bearing and turn the bearing of the foot cutter by hand to make it automatically align with the center of the insert.
4. After the carbide insert is installed, there should be no looseness or deflection.
5. Safety protection: After the cemented carbide cutting tool is installed, safety cover and other protective devices of the cutting machine must be installed in place before starting the cutting machine.
6. Test machine: after the cemented carbide tool is installed, run empty for 5 minutes, and carefully observe and listen to the running condition of the foot cutting machine. No obvious loosening, vibration and other abnormal sound phenomena are allowed. If any abnormal phenomenon occurs, please stop immediately and ask professional maintenance personnel to check the cause of the fault, and confirm that the fault is completely eliminated before use.
Carbide insert storage method: It is strictly prohibited to write or mark on the insert by using a pencil or other scratch method to prevent the insert body from being damaged. The cemented carbide cutting tool of the foot cutting machine is extremely sharp but brittle. In order to avoid the injury of the insert or accidental damage to the insert, do not touch the human body or other hard metal objects. The inserts to be used should be properly kept and stored by the dedicated personnel, and should not be used casually, in case the inserts are damaged or cause accidents.